University of Malawi UNIMA Application Form 2021 – 2022
University of Malawi UNIMA Application Form 2021 – 2022 – Download:
The University of Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for admission into its Undergraduate entry programmes for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The eligible applicants are as follows:
a) Candidates who completed the MSCE, IGCSE or O level equivalent in the past three years (2018, 2019 and
b) Candidates with an Advanced Subsidiary (AS) certificate or a National Senior Certificate (NSC) obtained in the
past three years (2018, 2019 and 2020);
c) Candidates who completed the Advanced Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A Level equivalent
in the past three years (2018, 2019 and 2020).
NOTE: All those currently enrolled in public universities and those who were withdrawn on academic grounds are
NOT eligible to apply.
Before you proceed to application, Click on the links below for information:
- University of Malawi UNIMA Courses Offered
- University of Malawi UNIMA Fees Structure
- University of Malawi UNIMA Admission Requirements 2021 – 2022
PROGRAMME INFORMATION AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This section contains guidelines as you contemplate choosing the six (6) programmes you would like to pursue. The actual indication of your six (6) programme choices should be made in section C of the application form.
Minimum entry requirements
You must be a holder of MSCE/IGSCE or other internationally recognised qualification comparable to ‘O’ level certificates with at least six credit passes (a minimum of grade ‘6’ at MSCE or ‘C’ at IGCSE) including English Language obtained in 2016, 2017 or 2018. The following is the interpretation of IGCSE results for admission purposes: A*= 1; A = 2; B = 3; C = 5; D = 7; EFG = 8.
Candidates who failed to satisfy the admission into public universities in 2016 or 2017 but successfully improved their grades after re-sitting a maximum of four subjects in 2016 or 2017 may use their supplementary statements for purposes of accumulating credits.
Candidates cannot combine grades from two independent certificates, i.e. candidates who were awarded a full certificate in 2016 or 2017 and reattempted MSCE in 2018 and obtained another full certificate cannot combine grades from the two independent certificates for purposes of accumulating credits.
Candidates with A-level qualifications must have a minimum of three principal passes with an aggregate of at least 9 points obtained in 2016, 2017 or 2018. For purposes of selection, A-level grades are interpreted as follows: A*=6, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1. (Please note the difference in the interpretation for the O level grades). Furthermore, candidates must have passed the subjects relevant to their desired programme either at O level or Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level.
Candidates with an International Baccalaureate must have a minimum of 30 points obtained in the current year or the last two years. Candidates with an Advanced Subsidiary (AS) certificate must have at least grade ‘C’ in four AS-Level subjects plus IGCSE obtained in the 2016, 2017 or 2018. Candidates with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) must have a minimum score of 60% (Achievement Level 5) in four designated subjects obtained in 2016, 2017 or 2018.
Applicants who were previously withdrawn on academic grounds from any public university in Malaŵi shall not be allowed to apply for admission.
In addition to the minimum entry requirements, candidates must also meet the individual programme requirements.
a.All candidates to be selected as self-sponsored students
b.If you are successful, you shall be admitted on non-residential basis. Issues of accommodation are the responsibility of the student as individual. However, public universities have limited accommodation. If you would like to be accommodated on University campus, you would have to apply for the same to your respective University/College soon after the release of selection results and if accepted, you shall pay the University for your accommodation and meals. Because the University shall not have the capacity to accommodate all selected students on their campus, allocation of University accommodation shall be done based on respective University criteria.
TUITION FEES PER ANNUM
Please note that the fees indicated above are subject to change anytime.
Application forms can be obtained on written request or in person from the address given below and it can also be downloaded from www.unima.mw. Duly completed application forms together with proof of payment of a non-refundable application fee of K12, 000.00 for Malawian candidates and U$25 for international applicants should be sent to the same address andnot to any constituent college of the University of Malawi. Applicants should attach a deposit slip as proof of payment of an appropriate application Fees Structure.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT THEIR APPLICATION FEE TO THE FOLLOWING BANK ACCOUNT:
BANK NAME: NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI
ACCOUNT NAME: UNIMA REVENUE ACCOUNT
SWIFT CODE: NBMAMWMW
SORT CODE/BRANCH CODE: 006
The address for obtaining and submitting application forms is:
The University Registrar University Office
P.O. Box 278
(Attention : Admissions Office) www.unima.mw
Phone : 01 526622
Fax : 01 524 760
University of Malawi UNIMA APPLICATION PACKAGE
A complete application package MUSTinclude the following:
a.Copies of all relevant degrees/Diplomas/certificates/academic transcripts which have been indicated on the application form. These must be duly certified as true copies of the originals by a recognized Commissioner of Oaths.
b.Original proof of availability of funds for training i.e. official sponsorship letter or bank statements of the applicant.
c.Copy of a bank deposit slip showing the name of the applicant and the amount of application fee paid.
d.Curriculum vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three traceable referees.
e.A clear specification of a programme applied for as well as the candidate’s preferred mode of its delivery.
f.Official reference letter(s) from the current and/or previous employer(s) showing proof of at least 2 years relevant work experience.
ANY APPLICATION FORM THAT WILL NOT INCLUDE THE ABOVE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
- UNIMA Chancellor College Generic Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Postgraduate Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Undergraduate Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Mature Entry Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Generic Residential Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Generic Non-Residential Selection List 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Mature Application Form 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Postgraduate Application Form 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Generic Application Form 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Intake 2021 – 2022.
- UNIMA Chancellor College Generic Intake 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Postgraduate Intake 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Undergraduate Intake 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Graduate List
- UNIMA Chancellor College Opening Date 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Reopening Date 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Undergraduate Application Form 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Application Form 2021 – 2022
- UNIMA Chancellor College Student Portal
- UNIMA UNIMA Chancellor College History
- UNIMA Chancellor College Contact Address
- UNIMA Chancellor College Accomodation
- UNIMA Chancellor College Fees Structure
- UNIMA Chancellor College E learning
- UNIMA Chancellor College Courses Offered
- UNIMA Chancellor College Job Vacancies
- UNIMA Chancellor College Graduation Date
- UNIMA Chancellor College Academic Calendar
- UNIMA Chancellor College Application Deadline
- UNIMA Chancellor College Admission List
- UNIMA Chancellor College Registration Date
- UNIMA Chancellor College Online Registration
- UNIMA Chancellor College Faculties